A child-friendly practice
At Chagford Dental Practice we strive to make all our appointments both fun and informative for children.
- Our primary objective is the prevention of dental disease right from the outset.
- Highly trained staff used to working with children
- Child friendly reception area with toys, DVDs and books
- No charge for check-ups for children under 3 yrs and thereafter special child rates
- Orthodontic assessments and referral where necessary
- Oral Health Educator available for one-to-one sessions
In order to ensure a positive experience, our surgery is very child friendly with a fun range of children’s toys and DVD’s to keep them busy should they or you have to wait for an appointment.
When should children start coming to the dentist?
We recommend children start coming to see us from as early an age as possible. If you can bring them with you to your check ups and get them accustomed to the environment we can make their appointments both fun and enjoyable. We aim to initiate a preventive programme to reduce the risks of your child developing dental problems in the future.
It is so important to us that we don’t even charge for children’s check-ups until they are three years of age.
Does my child need braces?
Sally or Simon will also do an orthodontic assessment at their check up appointment and will refer to an orthodontist if necessary.