| || |
Dr. Sally-Anne Button
Sally trained at University College London and qualified in 1991. She then worked in Surrey for 4 years before moving to Australia for 7 years, which included some time with the flying doctors service practising dentistry in remote aboriginal communities. On returning to the UK, Sally joined Boots Dental where she became regional clinical director covering the South of England before moving to Devon and opening Chagford Dental Practice.
- Qualified 1991, England GDC number 67312
- BDS Bachelor Dental Surgery; London LDS Licentiate of Dental Surgery; RCS Royal College of Dental Surgeons
- Favourite colour - Yellow
- Favourite animal – My working cocker spaniel
- Favourite time of the year – Spring
| || |
Dr. Simon Channing
Simon trained at University College London and qualified in 1991. He then worked in Sussex. Whilst there, Simon also spent some time in Romania helping to set up dental surgeries in orphanages. In 1995 Simon moved to Australia for 7 years which included time with the flying doctors service practising dentistry in remote aboriginal communities. On return to the UK, Simon worked in private practice for four years in Hampshire and completed a part time post-graduate restorative dentistry course before moving to Devon.
- Qualified 1991, England GDC number 67303
- BDS Bachelor Dental Surgery London; LDS Licentiate of Dental Surgery; RCS Royal College of Dental Surgeons
- Favourite spectator sport – Rugby
- Favourite pastime outside work – Fishing
- Favourite place to holiday – Somewhere to explore - off the beaten track
| ||Dr Andrew Robertson |
Andrew joined the team at Chagford Dental Practice in August 2015. He was born in Scotland but grew up in a small village in north Wiltshire. He has always loved the countryside and has now made his home in Devon. Before dentistry he studied Biochemistry at the University of Warwick, and graduated with first class honours. He soon realised however that teeth and gums were far more interesting so moved to Devon to study at Peninsula Dental School, where he graduated with honours and won four end-of-year awards. Andy enjoys all aspects of general practice dentistry, with a particular interest in restorative techniques.
- Qualified 2014, England GDC Registration Number 251824
- BSc (Hons), BDS (Hons) Peninsula
- Favourite challenges - 'Lands End to John O'Groats' cycle ride (Andy completed in 2010) and the 'Three Peaks Challenge' (in 2011)
- Favourite sound – my motorbike starting up
- Favourite animal – dachshund.
| ||Professor Bill Beare |
Dr William (Bill) Beare joined us in November 2012 as a specialist implantologist and holds a clinic at Chagford Dental Practice one day each month. He qualified at Guys Dental School in 1974 and became a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in 1987. In 1992 he obtained a Masters Degree in Periodontolgy. Bill holds 3 postgraduate Diplomas in restorative dentistry and was, until recently the Senior Consultant in Restorative Dentistry for the Defence Dental Agency. Accredited as a Specialist in Restorative Dentistry in 1996, Bill has become widely experienced and respected in all aspects of restorative dentistry including implantology, fixed and removable prosthodontics, maxillofacial prosthodontics, periodontology and aesthetic dentistry.
- Qualified 1974, England GDC number 48439
- BDS Lond 1974; FDS RCS Eng 1988; MSc Lond 1992; DRD RCS Edin 1993; (Rest) RCS Eng 1997, MRD 1997
| || |
Hygienist – Jackie Hammans
Jackie qualified as a dental hygienist in 1976 at RAF Halton and has worked in both private and NHS practices in the South of England. In 1990 Jackie altered career direction and worked as a dental sales executive firstly for Gillette and then for Colgate for 4 years. In 1994 Jackie joined a small PR and marketing agency, helping to develop it in both dental and consumer public relations. In 2003 she moved to Devon and returned to clinical practice in 2009.
- Qualified 1976 CEB Certificate in Dental Hygiene, England GDC number 1429
- Favourite saying – ‘Never say never’
- Favourite sound – Song of skylark
- Favourite animal – Our dog (a Weimaraner)
| || |
Hygienist – Abigail Whiteway
Abi qualified with a distinction at Bristol Dental Hospital in July 2014 and joined us at the end of that month. Prior to her training as a hygienist Abi worked as a dental nurse. She is very popular with patients and is especially empathetic with our nervous patients.
- Qualified Dental Hygienist –GDC number 216818
- Favourite interests – baking delicious cakes
- Favourite flowers – wild hedgerow flowers in springtime
- Favourite animals – butterflies
|PIC TO FOLLOW ||Practice Administrator / Receptionist – Emma Moore |
Emma joined us as a receptionist having previously worked for a veterinary practice in Cheriton Bishop. She has a wealth of experience with computers and administration and it very quickly became clear that she should become our Practice Administrator!
- Favourite animal - “my horses and dog Bella”
- Favourite smell – Summer
- Favourite colour - Orange
| || |
Head Dental Nurse – Tamsyn Radford
Tam is our Head Dental Nurse and was born and raised in Chagford. Following 5 years working in Surrey as a dental nurse, Tam returned to Chagford and says that when she joined us in 2007 it was just like coming home as she had worked in the original Chagford Dental Practice at 4 Mill St for the previous owner several years ago. Tam has a very creative streak too and is often the ‘ideas person’ when we run a promotional event or participate in Chagford activities – her skills range from flower arranging to scarecrow making and anything and everything in between!
- Qualified Dental Nurse – GDC number 139204
Favourite animal – Guinea Pigs
Favourite smell – Chanel No 19
Favourite film – Walk the Line
|PIC TO FOLLOW ||Dental Nurse – Gemma Smith |
Gemma joined us from a Dental Practice in Totnes. She qualified as a dental nurse in 2012 and is now enjoying working with us here in Chagford. Gemma lives in Newton Abbot.
- Qualified dental nurse – GDC number 246210
- Favourite film – Forrest Gump
- Favourite colour – yellow
- Favourite author – Cecelia Ahern
|PIC TO FOLLOW ||Dental Nurse – Verity Nolan |
Verity joined us from a Dental Practice in Newton Abbot. She qualified as a dental nurse in November 2010 and loves every aspect of dentistry. She has moved to Chagford with her husband who is an Orthodontic Therapist at a Dental Practice in Plymouth.
- Qualified Dental Nurse – GDC number 207328
- Favourite animal – my dog Milly
- Favourite book – Mansfield Park
- Favourite film – Romeo and Juliet
| || |
Dental Nurse - Zoe Francis
Zoe joined the team initially as a temporary member to cover maternity leave. However we were able to offer her a permanent position at the end of the contract and were delighted when she accepted. Zoe passed her Dental Nurse qualification in November 2011. She had no previous experience in dentistry but has shown a natural flair for the profession and is full of questions and interest which makes her a pleasure to work with.
- Qualified Dental Nurse – GDC number 233111
- Favourite colour – Pink
- Favourite smell – DKNY perfume
- Favourite film - Clueless
| || |
Receptionist - Sandra Hill
Sandra has worked in a variety of jobs prior to her current position at Chagford Dental Practice. These included running a playgroup and working as a receptionist in GP practices in both Surrey and Devon. She joined Chagford Dental Practice in 2008 as part time receptionist. She has a friendly and caring personality, always putting other people first. Sandra is also our ‘social secretary’ arranging events for us to enjoy outside of surgery hours at least once a quarter.
- Favourite animal – Ernie my dog
- Favourite smell – Chanel – Coco Mademoiselle
- Favourite musical – The Sound of Music
| || |